[OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:15:20 -0500
At 06:57 AM 5/27/2005 -0400, you wrote:

>http://www.imx.nl/photosite/comments/c007.html
>
>A really interesting article.  Too bad Olympus seems to hire people (in
>Australia, elsewhere) who want to alienate long-time customers.
>
>Earl

Thanks, Earl.  The flag is unfurled. :)

This I think is the essence of the article:

"It may be the case that a modern D-SLR with 10 to 12 MP and a lens
designed for 35mm photography or a lens adapted to the APS capture circle
will not produce better results than the combination of a small sensor and
a dedicated lens design, as for example the E-system of Olympus."

I think he's saying the "designed for digital" claim is meaningful, though
I don't think it will influence MP addicts.  I'm still going to get "bigger
is better" SPAM.

I guess I could look it up, but he mentions "telecentricity" of the
E-series lenses.  Can anyone explain what that means?

Joel W.