[OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort

Subject: [OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 16:01:15 -0400
Have you thought about simply trying to copy it at about 600 dpi on a
good flatbed scanner?  Mine has a DOF of at least 1/4" and maybe as much
as 1/2".

Assuming the Dmax is sufficient to capture the brightness range of the
piece it's a lot easier than setting up camera and copy lights, etc.

Apart from using a flatbed scanner I haven't attempted to copy anything
in a long, long time.  A friend does it fairly frequently and (if she
can) hangs the item on the wall with a flash unit on either side at 45
degrees away from the wall.  She uses her Canon 10D for image capture.

Chuck Norcutt