[OM] Re: [OT] Lawsuits [was Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]]

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Lawsuits [was Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]]
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 19:50:59 -0300
one cases come to mind ...

Down in Oregon or Washington some years ago, we called into a local hardware
store. The store sold carpenters' hammers. Along with the sale of a hammer
came a 30 minute video instructing the purchaser on how to use the hammer.
The store clerk advised that the video was intended to minimize the
manufacturer's and store owner's liability should the purchaser use the
hammer to assault someone!

as we in Canada say, "only in the USA" !!

jh