[OM] Re: Epson R1800

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson R1800
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:29:51 -0700
Barry B. Bean wrote:

>Thanks to the list members who recommended theEpson R1800. I've been using it
>a lot over the past week or so, and I am absolutely knocked out by its
>performance. For my uses, this will replace all
>of my color printing needs with the exception of theoccasional cibachrome when
>I wan that VERY deep, saturated color and texture. I wholeheartedly recommend
>this printer to anyone doing digital
>work or scanning film.

The classic response of the old analog photographer who has only seen
all those crappy to so-so prints of snapshots on cheap paper and cheap
printers, all too often with cheap, 3rd party inks. Like my brother's
many snapshots. The good photo inkjets are VERY good. As others here
have said, they make it possible relatively easily to make better prints
than so many of the 'custom' prints we paid an arm and a leg for in past
years.

Even for the lowly 4x6, there is just no comparison between the prints I
was getting from the best photo shop in town and what comes out of my 1270.

Moose