[OM] seeking VueScan help

Subject: [OM] seeking VueScan help
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:48:48 -0700
I'm trying to do batch scans of neg strips and can't figure out the file
naming scheme. I don't have the syntax right i guess.

 This is what the user manual says: "The convention used by VueScan is
to name files in this pattern: ["crop"|"scan"]nnnn.xxx. For example,
"crop0012.jpg" may be the 12th cropped and processed file saved in JPEG
format. Any other naming convention you prefer may be substituted.....
Insert a plus sign (+) anywhere in the filename in order to cause
VueScan to add a number in that place if needed to create a new unique
filename in the folder. If you put one or more digits before the plus
sign, VueScan will start counting from that number."

I tried to start with,  crop0001+.jpg hoping to get a series starting
with crop0001.jpg, crop0002.jpg, ... etc. but VueScan wrote the files
exactly as I entered it, i.e. with the plus sign rather than a
consecutive number.

Also it says, "...Any other naming convention you prefer may be
substituted.....",  for example, do I have to use the word 'crop' (less
' ) in the naming scheme or can i substitute any word for crop and/or scan?

Hope this makes sense. Any help appreciated. Please email directly so i
don't have to wait for the digest tomorrow. Thanks

Mike