[OM] Re: OT - yabe msg from competing bidder

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - yabe msg from competing bidder
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 19:45:29 +1000

On 06/05/2005, at 12:51 AM, Walt Wayman wrote:

> Although I am in total agreement about the environmental damage done
> by the obsessive grass growers, I can't get rid of it all.  I mean,
> where would I jack up a car or truck when I need to fix it?

Develop a patch of well beaten earth out front - make sure that it gets
good and dusty in dry weather and, well hell you wouldn't want to get
under the truck in wet weather ey? If that fails, resort to concrete.
lots of it. Paint it green if necessary.

> Question: How do you spot an affluent redneck?
> Answer: He's got TWO cars jacked up in his front yard.

Guy 'round the corner from me has three cars jacked up in the shed -
guess that makes him a millionaire redneck?

> I just tuned up my Stihl and sharpened the chain, but the goat ran
> away, so I'm not sure what to do about the kudzu.

Can you eat the stuff? If not. I recommend Zero/Roundup (glyphosate) at
around ten times recommended strength. No result - go to Garlon - that
kills everything. If it doesn't, Trichlopyr (sp?) based woody weed
killer. A horticultural friend of mine has this kerosene burner path
clearing device that looks like a small jet engine - very satisfying
roaring sound and a huge fat blue flame about 12" wide and a yard long
- cook the bastard. If it comes back, learn to love it, tell people
that it has a certain beauty to it, the way that it subtly chokes
everything else and so on. Any culture that thinks Mcdonalds is good
can learn to love anything.
AndrewF   http://www.pbase.com/afildes