[OM] Re: Scanning Kodachrome on FS2710, was Digital, digital, digital.

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanning Kodachrome on FS2710, was Digital, digital, digital. Bah, humbug!
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 18:17:09 -0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "swisspace" <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 05 May, 2005 03:35 PM
Subject: [OM] Re: Scanning Kodachrome on FS2710, was Digital, digital,
digital. Bah, humbug!

> sorry I am in transit at the moment and will give a more detailed reply
> later on in the week.
>
> I believe that the FS2710 was an enourmous leap forwards from the FS2700.
>
> I have since found out that it is mainly Kodachrome 200 that gives a
> problem, I am using vuescan which is good, I also stripped and cleaned
> the scanner, so now I am getting some reasonable kodachome 64's but they
> are nowhere near the quality of some scans I have seen on the web.

I have a FS2710 along with numerous Kodachrome 25 and 64 slides from years
past, mainly from the mid 1960s and all throughout the 1970s. Firstly, the
slides are as good today as they were when processed in the UK, Japan and
Australia, and secondly they scan equally as well as any modern day Provia,
Velvia, and Ektachrome slides I have. For my money, Kodachrome was the
ultimate in slides.

jh