[OM] Yet Another Consolation Prize

Subject: [OM] Yet Another Consolation Prize
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 20:33:35 -0500
Seeing as how I couldn't enter any of my own work in the annual Fine Art
Association photo show I chaired (just closed with awards ceremony on
Sunday) . . . I received a second consolation prize today.  Just yesterday
I received notice from McGraw-Hill they will be using another of my
photographs in a school textbook.  This deal has been going on for a while
with its publication and print run quantity up in the air and it's finally
going to press.  The first was the Terre Haute newspaper wanting rights to
three of my photographs about the time the show opened at the beginning of
April.

Should be able to buy a new lens for the MFCWMNBN with the proceeds from
it.  (Not) Speaking of which the set of extension tubes for the
MFCWMNBN  arrived today . . . 12mm/24mm/36mm.  All three stacked enable a
1:1 macro with the 80mm lens.

They were listed as auto-tubes #1, #2 and #3 in the advertisement, but upon
arrival noted the 36mm #3 is actually a #3-S . . . which means it's the
newer type that doesn't vignette the 80/1.9 lens.  Woo-hoo!  I was willing
to live with having to use the 80/2.8 with them and now it's not
necessary.  Although not originally intended for it, they appear to work
just fine with the 150/4 allowing more subject standoff . . . the tradeoff
being a max magnification of about 1:2 with the 150mm.  The MFCWMNBN will
definitely be going with me now for the "photo contest" just north of here
later this month.

Been a Good Day today!!

-- John Lind