[OM] Re: First you take a little kerosene, then you take a match OR TWO

Subject: [OM] Re: First you take a little kerosene, then you take a match OR TWO . . .
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 13:12:25 +0000
Being an orthodox Luddite in many ways, I too prefer paper over pixels for
reading.  I am more comfortable with paper's permanence and portability, and my
comprehension seems somehow better, particularly when I'm able to underline,
highlight, or scribble notes in the margins.  That's why I recently printed out
the entire 432-page Picture Window Pro 3.5 manual, plus over 300 pages of the
white papers.  I am learning lots of new tricks, things I had no idea I could
do with this software.  I would never have sat and read it all on screen.

And I long ago copied my eSIF CD to a folder on the HD.  Much more convenient,
quicker, and far less likely to necessitate a search through piles of clutter.

Also, there's an unabridged dictionary on the credenza right behind me.  I
probably should use it more often since I still don't really trust spill
chuckers.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from