[OM] Re: Unrecognised Zuiko zoom spotted

Subject: [OM] Re: Unrecognised Zuiko zoom spotted
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:52:08 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2005 8:34:53 AM Central Standard Time,
iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

C.H.  wrote:

Yes, it doesn't look like a prototype but if it really has over  2000pcs made
it is a shame that non of us have seen this lens  personally.

C.H.Ling

Indeed, that is what I thought as  well.
This one is based in Hong Kong I believe, maybe you can have a  look?

Iwert.

This is by no means an indicator that the lens was actually made, but a
couple of us in the early '90's called Oly USA and spoke to Pat McFarlane who
was
the OM System guy in the 80's and early 90's. His only comment after we
queried him on the lens' availability was " sold out". I don't know if he  said
that to get rid of us or there were a few made. It's kind of hard to  believe
that someone in this group has never seen the lens if Oly made more than  a few.

Gary Faulkenberry