[OM] Photo equipment, etc. encountered

Subject: [OM] Photo equipment, etc. encountered
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 22:30:13 -0700
At my local photo shop picking up sime developed negs just befor my
trip, I see they are now stocking the E300 and some other Oly DSLR
stuff. Held and played with the E300 for a few minutes. I much prefer
the "feel" to that of the E-1.

Sitting eating crab and shrimp sandwiches al fresco near Bodega Head,
the guy at the next table has an E300 with the 14-54, not the kit lens.
I remark on it. He says it's pretty good, but has some focus speed
limitations he doesn't much like. Says he does magazine work and chose
the E300 for the higher pixel count they want. Some sort of European
accent.

Went to drop off film from the trip for development and saw a display
with rebate promo and coupons for the E System right out on the counter
nearest the door, prime spot. Can*n rebate display further in and less
prominent. Hey, hey!.

Somebody mentioned the Lensbaby a while ago. They had two big cardboard
displays about it on counters, so I looked at one. Very nicely made.
What I hadn't realized from the web site is that the flexible barrel
doesn't stay in place when moved, so you have to hold it in place while
shooting. Seems pretty awkward to me. US$96!

Moose