[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 22:14:36 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:

>>Well, I wish I knew for sure ahead of time which shots I was sure I would
>>never want to enhance in some way or later decide to print large.
>>

>Almost 100% of my industrial photography is JPEG.
>Almost 100% of my personal "art" photography is RAW.
>I'm in transition, but whenever possible, I'm going to shoot
>Events in RAW.
>Portraits are RAW.
>Weddings are RAW.
>Practice photography is usually JPEG.  You DO practice, don't you?

Moi?

It's kind of hard to tell if it's all practice or none of it is.

I don't do industrial, event, portrait, wedding, etc. photography. So it
all mostly fits somewhere in personal art/whatever and family/friends
snapshots. Maybe I'm like a doctor, always practicing. :-)

When I first got the 300D, I spent a ltttle time fooling around with it,
learning the controls and so on. The 20th shot I took was just of an
empty water bottle sitting on a table in the living room. It turned out
to be one I really like and have printed to good effect. Fortunately, I
was shooting RAW, and was able to recover some otherwise lost highlight
detail.

What I said that you quoted above may not be true for you or others, but
it is for me.

Moose