[OM] Digital cameras - OT?

Subject: [OM] Digital cameras - OT?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:49:28 +1200
Hi all,

I have had another person ask me about choice of digital cameras and I'd like
the option of giving a very concise answer.

I wonder if those of you who use DSLRs can tell me the make and model (off-
list if you prefer, to bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) of the model you prefer for whatever
reason.
If you want to add the reason(s), even better (but not too long).

I know some of the Olympus models you use, but my memory of the non-
Olympus makes and models is very hazy simply because I haven't been
interested in them enough to bother to try and remember. Until now.

There has recently been some discussion of relationships during eBay
trades.

For what it's worth, this is to satisfy an eBay seller (who sold to me) and
with
whom I have entered a dialogue. She (yes, a Mrs) was an OM user for many
years as a medical photographer, has just sold her OM2SP with Zuiko
50/3.5 (not to me, although I bid), and wants to upgrade her digital. She is
using an Olympus Camedia C-3000 at present, and I think she gets very
good results.

Here's an example of her work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4766&item=7318100561&rd=1

 Her husband thinks she should get a Nikon D70 (which she describes as
going all the way with digital - I have no idea on this)

She also has a wedding to shoot this summer and wants to avoid being
embarrassed through having a camera that is too small.

Some eBay transactions can be better than harmonious !!.
It was not photo gear I bought.

bj