[OM] Re: Relative costs of printing from E-1 & film media. (Long

Subject: [OM] Re: Relative costs of printing from E-1 & film media. (Long
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:54:37 +1200
Moose wrote

> >E-box transfer from card to CDROM  $15  ( not using home computer )
> >
> Because you don't have a CD burner?

No, it's because I'm not sure that my laptop is compatible with the
specifications set out by Olympus, and as far as I can see the USB ports on
the laptop are different from that on the connection cable that comes with the
E-1.

Olympus specifies that the computer processor must be a Pentium 2 and I'm
not at all sure that the laptop has this. "My computer" sheds no light on this.

Aida32 says the CPU is a mobile Intel Pentium MMX 166 Mhz. That's all.

 I don't want to risk damaging the camera software by making an
inappropriate connection. This would void the camera guarantee.

I know that my Pentium 1 133hz, W'95 desktop machine is totally out of
their specifications except for RAM which I have about as large as it will
stand..

> >Supply of blank CD    $ 2.70
> >

> WHAT? Decent blank CDs around here are well under half a US$. Even the
> best made are cheaper than that.

That's what they specify in their prices sheet and I don't feel like arguing
with
them over it.  I get plenty of good deals on lots of things so I wouldn't want
spoil that by arguing over a cdrom cost.  For example, as a frequent
customer most of the staff who know me give me a cut of about $2 on a roll
of film. I get good treatment.

Brian