[OM] A typical 'vs.' question about the 50s (no, not the decade . . .)

Subject: [OM] A typical 'vs.' question about the 50s (no, not the decade . . .)
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:18:20 -0400
OK. I did peruse the archives and Dr. Reese's tests for this one and gained
some insight. Because I like to shoot available light, my interest has
naturally gone to the 50mm f/1.2. From everything I've read, it's superior
to the 55/1.2 AND uses 49mm filters AND is always MC. So, that distinction
is easy to make.

I'm thinking the real comparison is with the 50/1.4. 1.2 ain't that much
faster so I'm wondering if a late, MC 1.4 might not just be better value
overall. Or, does the 50/1.2 have any special qualities beyond simply being
faster?

BTW, I'm currently shooting with a 50/1.8 MIJ and it's a durn good 'un.

TIA!/ScottGee1