[OM] Olympus Odyssey camera (box/foam packing)

Subject: [OM] Olympus Odyssey camera (box/foam packing)
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:59:38 +1000
>On 21 Apr 2005 at 16:57, John Hudson wrote:
> > Is the camera body being shipped from person to person in a moulded /
> > pre-fitted polystyrene box or liner?
> >
> > Secondly, if the OM-1 body gets damaged or abused in transit is the
> > recipient responsible to have it repaired and at whose cost? There is
> > only one official Olympus repair facility in Canada.
> >

>I'll tell you what... once it gets to me (Indiana, roughly stop #11) I'll
>fashion a
>sturdy box and have it foamed into the box.  I'll make the foam nesting in
>two pieces -- form-fitting bottom and then a removeable, form-fitting top.
>That should keep it happy from there on, until the box just falls apart.
>
>Paul Braun

Thanks for your offer Paul.  As I mentioned in my other post today I'll be
making a foam insert but who knows how long this will remain usable.  As
the camera goes around I'll leave it up to each participant to judge
whether the box or foam packing needs to be replaced.

Andrew McPhee
Olympus Odyssey co-ordinator
http://olympus-odyssey.com/