[OM] Re: Zuiko F3.6 slightly damaged

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko F3.6 slightly damaged
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:32:39 -0500
There are a number of nylon "rollers" in this lens, and they may have
split or the screw through them may have been stripped out.  If you
push and pull on the front barrel, does it move in and out noticeably?
That would be one of the major signs of roller damage.  That or it
has lost it's bearings -- literally!  There are (or should be) 376 1mm
ball bearings inside to keep the barrel in place as you focus back and
forth.  If the front shroud is unscrewed, they will fall out and go
everywhere!