[OM] Re: Camera market and Kodak

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera market and Kodak
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:36:30 -0700

I guess I never paid enough attention ... I would have thought VHS
camcorders would have eaten heavily into film sales, but nobody says
anything about that. Perhaps the free film holder when you bought the film
helped boost sales during that period.

If Kodak missed an opportunity it was missing ink jet printers. It fits
their previous model of selling consumables rather than the equipment. If
they had jumped into first place there, the shift to digital cameras may not
have been as important.
-jeff