[OM] Manual Focusing on the OLY-CWMNBN(BUTRAG)

Subject: [OM] Manual Focusing on the OLY-CWMNBN(BUTRAG)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:59:52 -0700 (PDT)
Joel Wilcox (yes he has a name) wrote:
> I can highly recommend the combination.
> Lovely thing to focus.

And that brings up an interesting point about the OLY-CWMNBN*
(BUTRAG)** and manual focusing.

I've been using a 2-4 screen in my OM-2S for several years now
and have found that the OLY-CWMNBN to be nearly identical for
manual focusing. Granted the apparent image size is smaller do
to the crop, but I'm not seeing any focus mistakes in my shots.

If anything, the OLY-CWMNBN has an improved focus screen over
the 2-4 because the "deformed" surface yields better viewfinder
bokeh.

Certain lenses are harder to focus with the 2-4 (namely the
24/2.8) and I'm seeing almost the same characteristic with the
OLY-CWMNBN.

*Camera Which May Not Be Named.
**Because it Upsets The Retro Analog Grouches.

http://mail.yahoo.com