[OM] 200mmF3.5, and stepdown ring question

Subject: [OM] 200mmF3.5, and stepdown ring question
From: "Albert" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:03:02 +0800 (CST)
Had a photoshoot yesterday, lovely model, some shots were blurry, (she has
a tendency to move her head) so I might want to reshoot her again..

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=twoblink  If you want to see a pic..
Learned how to make decent B&W pics in Photoshop, so now instead of
shooting B&W, I shoot color, and post process..

My 200mmF3.5 Tokina was superb, but focusing was quite difficult, not a
Tokina problem, but I mean a 200mm problem.  DOF was shallow, and so I had
quite a few shots that weren't as sharp as I'd like..  Practice, and
getting the model to move less...

So..

Question:

The 200mm is a 58mm filter, and I want to step it down to 55mm because
I've standarized on that size..  Will it negatively effect the pic?  Will
I get dark corners??  The only filter I use is generally a PL, so I'm
concerned..

stepdown ring + PL ring + PL's moving ring is 3 stacks high...

Albert