[OM] Re: travel kit

Subject: [OM] Re: travel kit
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:35:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2005 7:46:08 PM Central Daylight Time,  waynecu
l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I don't  know how people get their film hand-checked. When I ask, they look
at me  like I just fell off the turnip truck.

This is probably late in the game, but I thought I'd chime in that I've
never been refused hand inspection in the US. They usually ask me if I've got
any
over 800 speed, and I reply "No, but I'd appreciate it if you'd hand inspect
it anyway, please."  There's actually an FAA regulation that's still in
effect that says they have to hand inspect film if you ask, I think. I try  to
get
there plenty early and go through security when the line isn't too long.  All
my film is out of the box and in transparent Fuji containers.

Of course, in another country, all bets may be off. :-)

Greg