[OM] Re: Digital, digital, digital. Bah, humbug!

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital, digital, digital. Bah, humbug!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
> Besides it will be the first thing
> Ken will test when he gets his adapter ... TODAY.

One has hope.

Lenses I'll be testing will include:

24/2.8 (MC), 35/2.8, 50/1.8, 50/3.5, 100/2.8, 135/3.5, 200/4

However, givin this and next week's schedules, (I'm actually
USING the camera equipment for real paying jobs, you know), I'll
most likely be doing a trial by fire with the a couple of them.
The 200/4 is one I hope works well because I really need to do a
400mm equivilent shot. Controlled tests will probably wait a
couple of weeks.  This next multi-day shoot will be completely
"filmless".  Shooting film, processing it, scanning it, tweeking
it (and cleaning it) is fine for one-offs and art shots, but
doing it on 600-800 shots is a bit much. For event photography,
I'll never go back. My workflow time difference alone is at
least 20 hours.

But for B&W, there is no substitute for film and a full darkroom
setup.

AG