[OM] Is OM Zuiko lens resolution enough for the E-300?

Subject: [OM] Is OM Zuiko lens resolution enough for the E-300?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:44:56 -0400
Any E-300 owners using OM Zuikos?  A quick calculation tells me that
this sensor has 188 pixels/mm.  I seem to recall that good 35mm camera
lenses resolve something like 60-100 lines/mm.  Seems to be a gap here
and the digital Zuikos should be higer resolution to account for the
higher magifnication required to make the same size print as a 35mm.
Theoretically, the OM Zuikos shouldn't be good enough to tax the
resolution of this camera's sensor.

But I'm used to theory and practice being at odds in the digital world.
What's the real world experience?  Certainly the E-300 camera's sensor
should be capable of producing a good 16x20 print.  When blown up this
big does a 16x20 from the E-300 taken with a good OM Zuiko look as sharp
as if done with a digital Zuiko?  Are the OM Zuikos really good enough
for big enlargements from the E-300?

Chuck Norcutt