[OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:20:20 -0400
Jon, I too am researching current offerings and plan to add it to what
I already have.  The existing system will remain connected to the
Internet.  The new system will NOT be attached to that cesspool and
will run my photo and work apps.  They will share a monitor, maybe a
printer and that's it.

Right now my primary candidate is an emachines box based on an Athlon
64.  It can take up to 4GB of  PC3200 RAM plus lots of other goodies
for the price < US$600.

YMMV/ScottGee1