[OM] Re: Help with sick OM-4 :-(

Subject: [OM] Re: Help with sick OM-4 :-(
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:41:04 +0000
Jon,

Since no one else seems willing to express an opinion, despite my grandmother's
admonition that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, I'll offer a
hypothesis, and an optimistic one at that.  Being the master of a half dozen
OM-4s, I feel at least minimally qualified to hazard a guess, so here it is:

You may just have a couple of batteries whose oomph, while sufficient to please
the less demanding OM-10 and OM-2, is yet insufficient to awaken the
loggerheaded OM-4, it and its ilk being notoriously persnickety about their
batteries.  I bet, and for your sake hope, that a shiny set of new 357s will
bring it to life.

Or maybe not.  Anyway, good luck.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

> To cut a long story short (oops, too late !), I tried the batteries from
> my OM-10 in the OM-4.  Nothing.  These batteries power up both my OM-10
> and OM-2n fine, but the OM-4 stubbornly refuses to respond.

[snip]