[OM] Re: (OM) OT WW2 hurricane

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT WW2 hurricane
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:08:19 -0400
George:

I presume you mean London, Ontario, and not the other one!!!.  The
London AirShow & Balloon Festival takes place from 25-27 June this year,
so I'm sure that it's still an annual event. There is also the Canadian
International Air Show takes place on (September 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2005)
on the Toronto Waterfront (lost a RAF Nimrod in the Lake a few years back).

Martin

ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hello Martin,
>

>I was a regular attendee of the London International Airshows from the mid
>80's to mid 90's. Is it still going on?
>
>George
>

>mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>>We currently have one airworthy Spitfire (MkXVI) in Ottawa, and there
>>are I believe a couple undergoing restoration.  While not based in
>>Ottawa, we do have the only other flying Lancaster in the world.  It
>>often appears for the June celebrations. Wonderfully evocative.
>>
>>Martin

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Martin Walters
Natural Resources Canada/Ressources naturelles Canada
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
580 Booth Street, 10th Floor/580 rue Booth, 10ième étage
Ottawa, Ontario/Ottawa (Ontario)
K1A 0E4
E-mail/Courriel :  mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tel/Tél : (613) 996-4110