[OM] olympus digital camera service manuals

Subject: [OM] olympus digital camera service manuals
From: "Rich" <richn123@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:06:14 -0700
Has it always been Olympus policy to not provide sevice info to the public?

Sevice manuals for the OM series have become available. Were they ever
available from olympus directly from the service department?

I purchased a C5050Z about a year and half ago and plan on keeping it for a
long time.

For the future, I contacted Olympus about purchasing a factory service
manual for this camera. There response was "that they are not available and
not sold to the public"

I know that the service documentation is developed for their service
centers. Has anybody been able to get a copy? 10 years from now, that
document will be the only way to have service information on that camera.
The service people will all be gone.

Richard Nedinsky