[OM] A brief return to film

Subject: [OM] A brief return to film
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:47:14 -0500
Like some others here I have been so into digital that I haven't shot
much film lately except a bit of Provia.  Such a shame to let the 85/2
and 24/2.8 and lots of other nice glass languish on the shelf.

However, I recently spent a week at WallyWorld with family and couldn't
quite see lugging batteries and charger and multiple CF cards and some
sort of backup device (which I don't own yet).  I also just wanted to
enjoy myself and figured a simple P&S camera would do the job.
Photography had to be secondary.

Well, I rediscovered my Stylus Epic and its wonderful 35/2.8.  That and
a little fanny pack, one spare battery and 5 rolls of film were all I
needed for the trip.  The film processor put the images on CD so now
I've got some digital images as well.  I have to keep in mind that that
little thing really and truly does fit in a shirt pocket.  I'll have to
use it some more.

Chuck Norcutt