[OM] My digital trip for a train ride through East Texas

Subject: [OM] My digital trip for a train ride through East Texas
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 23:50:23 EST
In the morning I will be going on a steam driven train ride through the
piney woods of East Texas with 58 other members of two Houston area photography

clubs.  I spent a fair amount of time today updating my software and  firmware
on the e-1.  The Olympus tech service people are all saints . . .  very
patient ones at that.  As  one of the leadres of this group, I  felt I might be
bit time challenged, so I packed somewhat lighter than  normal.  The 7-14 is a
new lens for me and it is the one which is mounted  on the body and will like
be there much if not all of the day.  In addition  to it, the 50mm f2 and
14-54mm will be going with me.  There was a little  room at the bottom of the
case,
so I slid in a 6X9 Zero Image pinhole camera  loaded with some TMax 100.  The
Pentax spotmeter is right in there beside  it, so again, my kit will have its
foot in three centuries and will capture  images on pixels and film.  Film is
not dead yet in East Texas.  We  will see the dogwoods and redbuds and it
should be an interesting day.   Bill Barber