[OM] Re: C8080 resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: C8080 resolution
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:17:14 -0600
At 05:50 PM 4/1/2005 +1000, you wrote:

>Hello, I hope this is being to the correct list, apologies if not.
>I am a newbie with my Olympus C8080. I have read and re-read the manual
>and I can't find out how to change the resolution. Can anyone help.
>Regards, Pam

On the far left side of the camera, you can hold down the button that is
*underneath* the button that is labeled "WB".  While holding it down, use
the dial to select the file type you want.  These different file types have
different resolutions/sizes from each other.  Most likely you'll want SHQ
for your best stuff.  HQ is OK for most purposes (but why shoot if not for
your best stuff? Anyway...)

So far so good?  If you want to refine further, click OK and open the mode
menu screen.  Select the "Pic" menu.  You'll then note that each file type
has further resolution options.  It may be this that you're really looking for.

Feel free to contact me offlist if I can help.

Joel W.