[OM] Re: New England OM Meeting, change of strategy

Subject: [OM] Re: New England OM Meeting, change of strategy
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:20:31 -0800 (PST)
Sorry, my bad.  Unless you arrive by a boat, the only way to Newport goes right
through Portsmouth.  It takes fifteen minutes the most to get to Newport from
my house.  The invite was not casual at all.  If you guys decide on Newport,
you are welcome to stay overnight so you can have the opportunity to be on
location at the right time.
I think I am going to give up the original plan to fascilitate the organizing
of the event through off list emails, as I found it more difficult.
Here are the locations of one more time:
Providence, RI; Portsmouth, RI; North Boston and Center Harbor, NH.  Last time
I checked, all of you were free in May (if we decided to gather before the
summer...we have not done that yet)  No one has answered my question yet if we
should count June as one of the summer months.
I am the one from Portsmouth.  I am not available during the last weekend of
May.  I would like to keep the Labor Day weekend as tentative.  I suspect my
wife might surprise me with a vacation to Bulgaria and this means that we wont
be back by then.    If that's the case I would know soon...
I am pretty much open when it comes to location, but would not like to travel
for more than two and a half hours from home, which amounts to somewhere
between Portland, ME and Wesport, CT...
Besides Newport and the obvious Boston and Providence, I can suggest New
Bedford, MA the former whaling capitol of the world.  I am not good at giving
suggestions, unless you want to end up in the lonliest place in the world, far
from people and only companions you'll have are the wind and the sound of the
waves (hint: there is a pretty lighthouse there...most of the time...)
Now it's your turn to tell what you want and where you want it.
Boris