[OM] Two kinds of OM bellows

Subject: [OM] Two kinds of OM bellows
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:35:39 -0000
I lerned something today!  In the sael way there are two versions of the
65-116 tube, so there are two versions of the bellows.  One is marked with
positions for the 80/4 Macro lens to give repro ratios of 1x and 1.5x (e.g.
for use with the slide copier) - I could never get the lens in the right
position, 1x was always some way off the marking.  Hah! Guess what, the
other version is marked with the same repro ratios for the 80/4 Macro, and
the 80/4 Auto Macro.  I was using an Auto Macro, setting against the
non-auto macro positions. They are 14mm apart.

While the eSIF mentions the two versions of the 65-116 tube, it does not
mention the later version of the bellows with markings for the Auto Macro

Maybe others have had the same confusing experience?

--
Piers