[OM] Re: #078 & #079

Subject: [OM] Re: #078 & #079
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:54:28 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:

>As you so rightly say Moose: it's a matter of taste.
>
>I prefer the mono film because it is less distracting I suppose.

To me, B&W is sort of ascetic, color sort of sensual, sometimes even
voluptuous. I like both, depending on subject, execution (and Graham
does some mighty fine B&W), my mood, possibly phases of the Moon,
whatever. It's clear, though, that I'm in the color mood more often than
many of you good folks.

>I find some colour images "plain vanilla" whereas many of the Graham's
>mono shots have an immediacy that is much more interesting.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'less distracting' and 'immediacy',
neither of which I would use in the context of describing the
difference. There are just some areas where words don't seem to do a
very good job of describing experience.

Moose