[OM] Re: #078 & #079

Subject: [OM] Re: #078 & #079
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:11:30 -0000
Hi Moose,

My preference is for b&w but I shoot colour as 'justification' for having
more than one OM body :-) I shot that scene in b&w and was walking off but
decided to go back for the colour shot and you did, honestly, cross my mind
at the
time.

The natural stone around here, from which most of the older buildings are
constructed, is sandstone so your theory about the cause of the 'ghostly
look' from the red filter is spot on.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/Temp.htm

I can pick out a little more detail in your desaturated version and I
imagine a print would accentuate the improvement that you got. I only use my
images for the web so it has probably made me a bit lazy about maximising
detail but you can be sure that the next bit of masonry I post will have
every last bit of detail wrung from it :-) Thanks for going to such trouble
to make and then illustrate your point, it is well made and taken.

--Graham