[OM] OT Another *Bay question

Subject: [OM] OT Another *Bay question
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:31:42 -0500
Walt asked:

 >As one with some tentative intentions of becoming an occasional seller of
high-quality goodies on >booBay, I'm wondering why folks do things like
this.  Wouldn't a few seconds with a Q-tip and a dab of >lighter fluid or
denatured alcohol to remove the goo be less trouble than describing,
explaining and >photographing it?

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7500611130

 >Walt, who's going to booBay school tomorrow

Laziness or stupidity...tough call which.  I clean everything I sell with
denatured alcohol.  The sticker remnants only take a few more seconds in
most cases.  I guess some folks don't have a clue about first
impressions.  Then again, smart folks like us on the list know that this
gunk shouldn't affect the operation of the item for sale.  I always get a
kick out of the sellers who make a point to tell their audience that the
inspection sticker is still in place and intact.  Like, do people, other
than the purest of the purists, give a sh*t about the stickers?

Sticking in my two cents worth.

Gary