[OM] Re: New member

Subject: [OM] Re: New member
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:35:12 -0800
Thomas Clausen wrote:

>Hey, I used to *live* and *study* there.....it's a good place....for
>studying.....since there's nothing (and I mean *NOTHING*) else to do.
>I took (believe it or not) LESS than one film in that city. Just
>getting out of there fast was encouragement to finish your thesis....;)
>
>Also, being a poor foreigner who couldn't afford to fly home for winter
>break etc., I got to experience a real ghost town: over xmas, there was
>I, and 3 squirrels, as inhabitants. I swear, if I hadn't bought enough
>stocks to last a small war, I'd have died from hunger (or had to eat
>the aforementioned three squirrels). each christmas.

Well, the place was hopping when I wasn born, in Urbana, and just across
the street from Champaign. Chanute Field was very busy, WWII, you know.
Fortunately, the war ended and we got out before I was 18 mos old, so I
have no memories of it.

>I think I have a photo of those squirrels somewhere....

If I ever get that MF scanner, I can post pics of me there. :-)

Moose