[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:53:56 +1100
I wish! He's the sculptor responsible for some of the 'stuff' in the
garden behind him. I was quite pleased with the shot although I would
like to have been able to mess with it a little in PS before they put
it up. I was surprised by how wide the lens seemed to be - distortion
in the 21-24mm range I thought.
The theme was supposed to be something like 'A quiet moment' but most
of us had forgotten that by the time the camera showed up. Some people
tried for clever studio shots using the camera's flash to trigger
strobes, as I recall. It was surprising just how good the little
disposable actually performed when used by people who had some idea of
what they were doing.
As to 'stickering' the camera, we made do by having a wrapping signed
with a log by the people who used it. It got quite complex.
AndrewF