[OM] Re: [OT] Speaking of Glocks, was: Re: REAL photographers can apol

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Speaking of Glocks, was: Re: REAL photographers can apol
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:07:59 -0800 (PST)
> He really *was* struck by lightning during a tournament in
> Chicago in
> 1975, an incident which has caused him recurring and severe
> back problems.

I'm wondering if I could use some form of the same excuse for my
back problems. :/

One too many wipeouts on my mountain bike.

Although this does remind me.  Just south of Ludington Michigan
is a large pump storage facility for electrical generation.
During the night when industrial energy use is minimal, the
power plants (nuclear, etc) have extra generating capacity and
pump water from Lake Michigan up three hundred feet to this huge
man-made reservour. During the day it discharges the water back
into the lake and generates electricity.

Well, during the summer, the power lines hang pretty low and
just clear the road that runs along the lake. When bicycling
under these things every hair on your body will straighten and
you'll feel crackling static on your legs as you pedel and the
thighs and knees come close to the top bar.  Totally freaky and
none too comforting. One time I rode past it just ahead of a
squall-line moving in and could see the sparks jump from my leg
hairs to the bicycle.  Found out why bicycle racers shave, I
guess.  Oh, the normally quiet road-racing tires make a racket
as static is discharging through them into the pavement. Got a
flat tire right there one time, and I decided to run on the rim
for another hundred meters before stopping because I had cleated
shoes on.

AG