[OM] Re: OM1 light meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1 light meter
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:45:45 -0000
Geilfuss Charles wrote:

>       I'm not an optician either (nor do I play one
> on television) but I do wear glasses. I don't see
> any difference between jamming my glasses on my face
> up against the eyepiece vs cutting out a central portion
> of the lens and inserting it in the eyepiece.

I don't even wear glasses, so this is even more difficult.

Are glasses not designed to function correctly when at the proscribed
distance from the eye? Wouldn't moving them away (or nearer) cause
problems? (I remember the old Hercule Poirot films where folk take out
the monocle and hold it close to the paper to read small print!?)

How about this for a solution: go and get a set of contact lenses for
photo taking?

Simon