[OM] Re: OM-E adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-E adaptor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:33:37 -0500
The Schnozz asked:
What's the best way to go about getting a Zuiko adaptor for an
E-1 these days?
-----------------------------
You first buy an E-1 and then call Olympus America to request the
adapter.  I assume you'll be asked for some form of proof of purchase.
Those that have them already can probably detail the process.

I may be one of very few people who got one without actually owning an
E-1.  After it became well known that the adapter existed and was being
handed out to E-1 owners in Japan I wrote a nasty-gram to Olympus
America & Japan expressing my dismay that the same would not be done for
US and Canadian buyers.  Several weeks went by and I received a kindly
note from a customer service rep in Oly Japan saying he was pressing for
Oly America to do something.  A long time went by and eventually Oly
America relented and announced that they'd give adapters to Oly America
  E-1 purchasers.  Another long time went by and then one showed up in
my mail box one day.  There was never an explanation given or any return
communication from Olympus America.  I can only conclude that the
squeaky wheel got the oil.

Since I have never yet bought an E-1 my OM adapter has gone to live with
a listee in Greece whose Europeon importer has not been so benevolent.

Chuck Norcutt