[OM] Re: OM-10 and false shutter speeds

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-10 and false shutter speeds
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:27:36 +1030
Hi Olli,

Greetings from (still) sunny Adelaide, Australia...

If the body shows longer than normal shutter speeds, especially if left
wound-on overnight, I recommend you search the list archives for "oily
magnet", any post by John Hermanson or PhotoSphere Oly (Clint) will
point you in the right direction...   Also, rotating the speed dial will
tend to clean the switch contacts in the manual adapter.  Also be aware
that using  the camera in auto mode without film will give odd results,
fire the shutter in normal light with the back open to test this.

As for the glue, what type of glue was it?  some examples are:  super
(crazy) glue, contact cement, rubber cement, epoxy... Some have
solvents, others are basically permanent, at least within the safe
limits of the material it is attached to...

davidt