[OM] Re: Sigma -XQ Filtermatic F2.8 16mm Fisheye Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma -XQ Filtermatic F2.8 16mm Fisheye Lens
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:57:19 +1300
Philippe Le Zuikomane wrote
> Saw it on #B*y in OM mount -- is it any good according to experienced listers?
> The Zuiko is pricy, so I was idly wondering about this one.
>
> Phil
The one you are looking at is currently at a little less than what I paid for
one
of these locally less than 6 months ago.  Pictures at (about a 600kb
download)

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/recent3.htm

It seems quite sharp but I must admit I have not put any of the images to the
ultimate test of a big enlargement. Certainly at 5x7 it is adequately sharp for
many purposes.  In the next 2 weeks I expect to be using it more for bigger
prints.

They are not a common lens as far as I know.

They give a very different way of looking at the world, but in some situations,
where there are no straight lines for reference, it can seem quite normal.

Brian