[OM] Re: E-1 Price Reduction

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Price Reduction
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:58:48 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:

>Yah, but Canon will have the 135 terrabyte CMOS that produces
>cleaner images at ISO 13107200 (13 stops faster than 1600). Oh,
>and it'll take continous images--no more frame rates.  However
>the viewfinder will have been reduced to the size of a gnat at
>12 meters.  We'll be longing for the days of the postage stamp
>at the end of a tunnel.

With continuous images from the sensor, and the improvements in LCDs
over the same time frame, the mirror and prism will be gone, so the
cameras will be smaller, and you'll view in real time on a 3mp EVF
that's bigger and brighter than any 35mm SLR ever made, zooms to full
pixel from the sensor for fine focus on the flea behind the ear of the
lion 200 yds away and has a Dmax of 4.0.

Moose