[OM] Re: 100/2.8 $99 BIN

Subject: [OM] Re: 100/2.8 $99 BIN
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:52:11 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:

>Shoot.  You know, I don't have my kit with me here at the
>office, but I'm thinking it's around 110,000-113,000 where my
>favorites are.

That would then include my almost 111,000 one tht I bought new just a
little while ago.  :-)
Once before, you said:

"I'm quite partial to the ones that are from that particular time
period. The early ones are pretty good, but those in the 110,000
to 125,000 serial number range seem to have something unique
going on. The later blacknosed, multicoated versions just aren't
the same thing. They changed the formulation to be sharpest at
different apertures than the earlier/mid versions."

> Upon further thought, the 106,000 range takes you
>back into the early days of the Zuiko line where the center is
>exceptionally sharp, but the edges roll off in resolution. The
>MC lenses are more flat-fielded, and the middle runs were some
>form of compromise. Figure out where they officially went MC and
>these are just before that.

Well, the survey doesn't include anything before 128,000 and starts MC
somewhere between 160,000 nd 180,000.

Moose