[OM] prints from slides

Subject: [OM] prints from slides
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:57:23 -0500
It has been at least 5 years, if not 10 since I've done business with them, but
the Denver area lab is/was "The Slideprinter." When everything was type R, they
did exceptional work, within the limits of the material. now that they, and
everyone else, has been forced to abandon that process and go to scan/print
systems, they should do even better, what with the ability to control contrast.

Which bring me to this: If the fuji and Kodak type r material is still
available, it won't be for long, since it's been at least a year since the
discontinuation was announced. The only direct print material left is
Ilfochrome (Ciba), and there aren't many left that do them. Everyone else has
gone to the print/scan systems that see negative and reversal as basically the
same thing, Fuji's Frontier being an example. I find it incredible that no one
in the Seattle/Tacoma area has one of these machines and is printing from
slides. I would look closer. Sometimes I think that the demise of film is
hastened by ill-informed camera store people.

Bill Pearce

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.