[OM] shooting weddings

Subject: [OM] shooting weddings
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:17:19 -0500
Never shot one myself, I think it would be better to hire some guy to pound my
fingers with a hammer, all in all less painful. Here's what I hear from guys
that do shoot them.

The trend today, at least in the higher end, is to shoot candids on digital,
and formals on film, usually 6x6. I've even heard of brides or mothers that
specifically requested film for formals.

The reason? While some digital cameras may be theoritically capable of getting
detail in a black tux and a white dress, it ain't easy in the trenches. Shot on
NC, no problem. What do brides and their mothers what? Detail in the dress!
I've even heard of pros that went exclusively digital buying back some
equipment for this reason.

Bill Pearce

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.