[OM] Re: OT Whiskey or Whisky (Was E-1 first experience)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Whiskey or Whisky (Was E-1 first experience)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:39:04 +0000
Robert,

I phrased it poorly.  Rather than saying Bourbon can't be made anywhere but in
Kentucky, I should've said Bourbon can be made anywhere, but if it's not made
in Kentucky, you can't call it Bourbon, as explained in the FAQ at
Straightbourbon.com:

"4. Where is bourbon made?

"Bourbon can be made anywhere in the United States. All but a couple of brands
are made in Kentucky, and Kentucky is the only state allowed to put its name on
the bottle. And as Kentucky distillers are quick to point out, Bourbon is not
Bourbon unless the label says so."

http://www.straightbourbon.com/faq.html

Walt

--