[OM] Re: Cases question

Subject: [OM] Re: Cases question
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:04:04 -0000
1       The finish on the Winder Soft Case is not like the Lens Pouches  -
it is thin smooth matt without padding (whereas the lens pouches are
thicker, shiny, grained, padded (unless they have started to flake).

2A      It depends what you want to tell a "hard case", and whether he is
packing a piece.  I recommend you try the following "Would you like my 3Ti
as a gift, Sir?" :-)  Beyond that, I don't admit to knowing anything about
hard cases.

2B      You are describing the newer Semi-Hard Case - very dark brown with
two pop studs on the back flap, and "Olympus" in chrome on the front.  Lined
with brown velour.      Fitted to the camera by loops over the strap rings.
Illustrated in the eSIF in the bottom row on the semi-hard_cases page.

2C      My memory is that the OM-10 case was black vinyl with "Olympus"
embossed on the front.  As to what "came with" each camera - nothing came
with the camera, the case was a separate purchase, in its own box.

C (again)       In the "coarse grained one", you are describing the earlier
Semi-Hard Case - black pebbled finish, with the top sculpted closely to the
prism of the camera body (without hotshoe) also with "Olympus" in chrome on
the front, but lined with blue velour, but fitted to the camera by way of
the tripod mount.  Illustrated in the eSIF in the top row on the
semi-hard_cases page.  Known here as a "piledriver" case, for its
less-than-protective effect on the camera if dropped!

--
Piers