[OM] Re: (OM) Shipping costs from North America ( OT?)

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Shipping costs from North America ( OT?)
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:58:05 -0400

>  The rates seem reasonable enough to me -- 30x20x20cm x 1kg (which should
fit most lenses in there) from here to New Zealand would cost $11.50 sent
small packet ground, or $26.25 small packet air. Sending it the other
direction would be, let's see,  $23.01 economy or $27.07 air, and $1nz ~=
$1cdn, so it's actually about twice as expensive to send things cheaply from
NZ as it is to send them to NZ because you don't have small packet rate
outbound at your end.
>  -- dan

I just sent shipping costs to a buyer in Italy, and another in the UK today.
And yes, shipping from Canada to other than the US is too high in my
opinion. It was a bit emabarassing giving shipping costs, and I felt like
apologizing to the buyers. And the prices above are not quite accurate, as
you have to add federal and provincial taxes, which is an additional 15% in
my province. Maybe I need to check out mailing from the US, as I'm over
there at least once a week. Or restrict sales to the US and Canada.
Wayne