[OM] Re: (OM) Shipping costs from North America ( OT?)

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Shipping costs from North America ( OT?)
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:17:55 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Gene Wilburn wrote:

> Weight and size are both factors and the rate scale escalates quickly.
> It's embarrassing. When I receive packages from the US I'm always
> envious of the LOW amount of postage on the package.

Yup, about 1.5 years ago Canada Post did away with the Air Mail rate to
almost all countries.  All that's left now is either surface or Xpresspost.
So you can choose either a reasonable rate and wait months to get your
package, or an outrageous rate and get it quickly.  I guess the government
has to fund their scandals somehow, and this is an easy way to do it.
                                -mark